- To promote the interchange of principles, ideas and information amongst otorhinolaryngologists, audiologists, speech-language therapists, and other professionals working in the field of cochlear implantation, and any other interested parties related to the field of cochlear implantation.
- To provide guidelines and recommendations with the purpose of upholding and maintaining international standards of best practice by surgeons, audiologists, speech and language therapists and other professionals working in the field of cochlear implantation.
- Recommend that only FDA and / or CE approved cochlear implant devices are provided for implantation in South African implant centers.
- To define, establish and maintain relationships amongst otorhinolaryngologists, audiologists, and speech-language therapists working in the field of cochlear implantation, and between them and medical funding authorities, government authorities, the South African Medical Association, Health Professions Council of South Africa, the medical profession generally and the public.
- The website offers news and presentations about and from past and future meetings, patient information, information aimed at professionals, links to related and interesting websites, and contact details for cochlear implant centres across South Africa. Access to the journal “Cochlear Implants International” is also available to full members, individual corporate members. Should other members wish to access the journal they can contact the Secretary.